HolyCoast: Political Quote of the Day
Follow RickMoore on Twitter

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Political Quote of the Day

From comedian Jon Lovitz, who is turning out to be a better spokesman for capitalism and against Obama's class warfare rhetoric than just about any Republicans I can think of.  Lovitz recently discussed Obama and his connection to big money:
But what I find is he's hypocritical with saying the, you know, the one percent don't get us, and, you know, he's a multimillionaire now, you know, they're not paying their fair share of taxes, now I'm going over to George Clooney's house to get money from millionaires and billionaires, and he collected $15 million, and, you know, "Wall Street are the bad guys, but now I have to go to a dinner with Wall Street people to get money for my campaign."
And this:
Yeah, I just think he should, instead of making people victims of people who are successful, we should be telling people, "Look, if you're having a hard time, I feel bad for you, let's look at what you're doing, let's teach you how to succeed, let's give you the tools to succeed, as opposed to turning everybody into victims. A victim mentality it what he's selling, and nobody with a victim mentality will get anywhere, ever. They will never succeed.
That's a great description of the "teach a man to fish" theory versus Obama's "take away the other guy's fish and give it to the 'victim'" approach.

Lovitz is becoming my new hero.  He's very funny too.

No comments: