HolyCoast: Could Fixing Obamacare Be a Winning Issue for Obama?
Follow RickMoore on Twitter

Monday, June 25, 2012

Could Fixing Obamacare Be a Winning Issue for Obama?

I doubt it, and so does The Daily Caller:
Will Supreme Court give Obama a box of coal or bag of horse poo for his birthday? -- No matter how the Supreme Court rules on Obamacare, the political fallout for the Obama administration is going to bad, albeit to varying degrees, opines TheDC’s Jamie Weinstein (ME!). The worst case scenario for Obama administration, however, will be if the mandate is ruled unconstitutional:

"Obama has reportedly told Democratic donors that he will work on fixing his health care law in his next term if the Supreme Court overturns it. What a great pitch to run on! Barack Obama 2012: Elect me and I’ll spend the political capital of my second term fixing the unpopular, unconstitutional health care law that I wasted the political capital of my first term pushing through. Then I’ll get to the issues that you care about with whatever diminished political capital I have left. … So when the Supreme Court rules on Obamacare, there will be no great gifts for President Obama and his campaign operations. Politically, he’ll be receiving either a box of coal or, more likely, a bag of horse poo from the High Court as an early birthday present."
If Obamacare is struck down, as I suspect it will be, Obama's entire presidency will be a waste of nearly 4 years. He came into office with tremendous political capital and spent almost all of it jamming Obamacare down America's throat. Passing Obamacare cost his party 63 seats in the House and several more in the Senate in 2010. It's cost Democrats governorships in a number of states, and has kept voters in places like Wisconsin fired up enough to reject Dem union thug politics that used to control that state. It also inspired The Tea Party which has been a driving force behind a resurgent GOP.

Obamacare was a massive failure on so many levels. I'll be surprised if its not also an Obama White House killer in November.

1 comment:

Sam L. said...

Man! That sounds good to me!