HolyCoast: No Triple Crown This Year

Friday, June 08, 2012

No Triple Crown This Year

I haven't followed the race for the Triple Crown much, but "I'll Have Another" was a contender after winning the Kentucky Derby and Preakness, but the horse won't run in tomorrow's Belmont Stakes:
"I'll Have Another is officially out of the Belmont," O'Neill said.

O'Neill talked about what a let-down it is. "It's not tragic, but it's a huge disappointment," O'Neill said.

O'Neill said he looks fine. He said he will walk the horse in front of the media at his 1 p.m. ET press conference to show everyone that the horse is doing well. But he has the beginning of the injury and they can't run him.

Dan asked O'Neill if I'll Have Another has raced his last race. "If I had to wager … I would say yes," O'Neill said.
He'll be fine. He'll be one of the most popular dates at the stud farm for the next few years.

No comments: