HolyCoast: Loony Rooney
Follow RickMoore on Twitter

Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Loony Rooney

Andy Rooney long ago ceased being funny. His little pronouncements at the end of 60 minutes used to be charming, but now he's simply a cranky old liberal. Andy doesn't think much of Christians either:
The CBS star said he was chagrined over reports that religious values played such a critical role in this year's election.

"I am an atheist," Rooney told Tufts. "I don't understand religion at all. I'm sure I'll offend a lot of people by saying this, but I think it's all nonsense."

He accused Christian fundamentalists of being ignorant, saying Christians turned to religion because of "a lack of education."

"They haven't been exposed to what the world has to offer," he explained.

Andy's no spring chicken. One of these days, and possibly soon if the mortality tables catch up with him, he's going to find out once and for all if all this religion stuff was really "nonsense".

No comments: