HolyCoast: Blast From the Past
Follow RickMoore on Twitter

Sunday, July 05, 2009

Blast From the Past

While looking for something else I came across some old photos in a box in the garage. It was a real trip down memory lane. Since I've already put these on Facebook I'll share them here (along with my embarrassment at that second photo below).

First, our family reunion in August of 1985 when the Oklahoma branch of the family met up with the California branch in Leadville, CO. That's me peeking over the heads in the back left:

This same clan gathered in Colorado 20 years earlier with far fewer people.

If we were to take that photo today everyone would be there except two people. My grandmother, sitting front and center, passed away in 1994. And my uncle, pictured in the center rear, died less than two years after this photo was taken - just days after he had come to California for my wedding.

Of course, if we took the photo today there would be a lot more people in the shot. We'd have to add several spouses and a bunch of kids (including mine).

This next shot is proof that I haven't always been as unquestionably cool as I am now:

Yes, the geeky kid with the glasses is me. I don't know exactly when this was taken, but I'm guessing somewhere in the 1966-67 timeframe during a birthday party outing for a friend of mine at Knott's Berry Farm. The kid sitting to my right is a grandfather now.

Time flies...

No comments: