HolyCoast: Global Warming Hits Buenos Aires
Follow RickMoore on Twitter

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Global Warming Hits Buenos Aires

Snow is falling in the Argentine capital city:
Argentina’s capital, Buenos Aires, has seen snow for the first time in 89 years, as a cold snap continues to grip several South American nations.

Temperatures plunged to -22C (-8F) in parts of Argentina’s province of Rio Negro, while snow fell on Buenos Aires for several hours on Monday.
I guess Gov. Sanford's "soul mate" must be wearing a coat these days.

5 comments:

Ann's New Friend said...

It's unseasonably cool in Washington DC today, too, although in our case it is sunny, lovely and mild. Is it really mid-July?? Today's weather is unbelievably fantastic.

Rick Moore said...

I was in D.C. in July of 2005 and thought I was gonna die. Temps in the 90's with humidity just as bad. I wish we'd had global warming back then like you're having now.

Linda said...

It's pretty nice here too!

Anonymous said...

Aaahhhhhhh, here in So. California it's a cool 107 degrees in the shade, and believe there isn't too much shade. At least we have very little humidity and nice breezes.

Linda said...

Oh dear, I think a mistake has been made. It was in 2007 that this report was made. Today it was in the 50's and drizzle. I have a BIL who is a missionary there, so I mentioned it to him, on FB, and of course, all the other relatives corrected me too.