HolyCoast: Bury My Pride at Wounded Knee
Follow RickMoore on Twitter

Sunday, March 04, 2012

Bury My Pride at Wounded Knee

When you're 6'4" and moving along at a good clip, it's not a good idea to get your feet tangled. This kind of thing happens:
We decided to take a walk on the San Clemente Beach trail this morning. I was walking to the right of my wife when an unsteady woman on a bike was coming the opposite direction. The trail isn't all that wide and as the woman sort of swerved towards us my wife shifted right and my feet tangled with hers. I think my impact with the ground registered 3.4 on the Richter Scale. There's nothing like lying on the ground looking up at the concerned...and somewhat entertained...faces of strangers.

I'm now sporting an injury reminiscent of my youth skateboarding days when this sort of thing happened rather frequently. My first skateboard had steel wheels like you'd find on old roller skates and if they hit the slightest pebble you'd go flying.

It's not as much fun when you're my age.

No comments: