HolyCoast: The Filibuster Deal Explained
Follow RickMoore on Twitter

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

The Filibuster Deal Explained

The Spoons Experience explains the filibuster deal for you (h/t Galley Slaves):

A burglar breaks into your house and steals $500.

Outraged, you declare, "I am going to put new locks on the doors, install an alarm, and sue that burglar to get my money back!"

The burglar, who happens to be your next door neighbor, asks, "Don't you think that's a little extreme?"

You hesitate, "Well... uh... I don't know...."

The burglar proposes: "How about this? I'll give you back $300. You promise not to change the locks or install an alarm, and don't go to the cops with this. In return, I promise that I won't break into your house and steal from you anymore unless I really, really need the money."

I think he's got it.

No comments: