HolyCoast: Wacko Woodstock
Follow RickMoore on Twitter

Friday, August 12, 2005

Wacko Woodstock

When you've had arguments with someone in which one person or the other was pursuaded to change their mind on an issue, was the discussion likely to be civil or full of mindless insults? Chances are it was civil, because discussions filled with insults will get you nowhere. That's one of the main reasons most liberals are unable to convert people to their causes - they don't know how to express themselves except through profanity and insults.

Nowhere is exactly where Cindy Sheehan is going with her protest in Crawford. All the scene in Crawford needs now is a stage and a couple of rock bands and voila, you have Wacko Woodstock, baby. She may be gathering crazies like a squirrel gathers nuts, but speeches like this one, quoted verbatim (sans expletives) from Veterans For Peace, will win her neither a visit with the president nor the sympathies of anyone but the wackiest of the wacky left (h/t Best of the Web Today):

I'm gonna tell them, "You get that evil maniac [the president] out here, cuz a Gold Star Mother, somebody who's blood is on his hands, has some questions for him."

And I'm gonna say, "OK, listen here, George. #1, you quit, and I demand, every time you get out there and say you're going to continue the killing in Iraq to honor the fallen heroes by continuing the mission; you say, except Casey Sheehan.' "

"And you say except for all the members of Goldstar Families for Peace' cuz we think not one drop of blood should be spilled in our families' names. You quit doing that. You don't have my permission."

And I'm gonna say, "And you tell me, what the noble cause is that my son died for." And if he even starts to say freedom and democracy' I'm gonna say, (expletive).

You tell me the truth. You tell me that my son died for oil. You tell me that my son died to make your friends rich. You tell me my son died to spread the cancer of Pax Americana, imperialism in the Middle East. You tell me that, you don't tell me my son died for freedom and democracy.

Cuz, we're not freer. You're taking away our freedoms. The Iraqi people aren't freer, they're much worse off than before you meddled in their country.

You get America out of Iraq, you get Israel out of Palestine

(massive round of applause)

And if you think I won't say (expletive) to the President, I say move on, cuz I'll say what's on my mind.
Yes, that speech was made by the same women so sympathetically portrayed by the mainstream media as a poor, grieving mom. Her grief has now transformed itself into an unhealthy and somewhat unstable obsession bordering on mental illness (I'm not a psychiatrist, but I play one on this blog). I guarantee you there's no way the Secret Service will allow this women will get close to the president again. She's clearly a threat.

Perhaps she could learn a thing or two from another mother who lost a son in Iraq:

Marine Cpl. Marc T. Ryan, of Gloucester City, was killed in an explosion in Ramadi, Iraq in November.

"I would tell Cindy Sheehan that, as one mother to another, I do realize your loss is your loss and there's nothing you can do to heal from it," said the corporal's mother, Linda Ryan.

"George Bush didn't kill her son, it's the evildoers who have no value of life who killed her son. Her son made a decision to join the Armed Forces and defend our country, knowing that, at any time, war could come about," Ryan said. . . .

"George Bush was my son's commander-in-chief. My son, Marc, totally believed in what he was doing," she said.

Sheehan, she believes, is doing what she's doing because of the agony over losing her son.

"She's going about this not realizing how many people she's hurting. When she refers to anyone killed in Iraq, she's referring to my son. She doesn't have anything to say about what happened to my son," said Ryan.
The scene in Crawford now includes the obligatory mock graveyard and has become the first three ring circus in which all of the acts are clowns. Unfortunately, it won't end until the president returns to Washington.

Sheehan will probably try and take her act on the road with a whistle stop in D.C., but she'll be just another nutcase protesting outside the White House, ignored by the press who will no longer be bored and looking for things to occupy their day.

Maybe the guy living in the tent in Lafayette Square has room for another tenant.

No comments: