HolyCoast: The Race-Mongering Gets Crazier and Crazier
Follow RickMoore on Twitter

Friday, September 02, 2005

The Race-Mongering Gets Crazier and Crazier

Although silent for the first few days of the disaster, the race pimps are starting to show up force to blame the ongoing problems in New Orleans on hatred for blacks. We've had Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson show up to blast the administration (and ignore the leadership in Louisiana and New Orleans), and now some of the wackier members of "America is a racist country" club are crawling out of the woodwork. No rumor is too wild to repeat, and today I read this beauty from Randall Robinson, founder of Transafrica and a well-known America basher with a chip on his shoulder the size of the Superdome:

It is reported that black hurricane victims in New Orleans have begun eating corpses to survive. Four days after the storm, thousands of blacks in New Orleans are dying like dogs. No-one has come to help them.

I am a sixty-four year old African-American.

New Orleans marks the end of the America I strove for.

I am hopeless. I am sad. I am angry against my country for doing nothing when it mattered.

[...]

My hand shakes with anger as I write. I, the formerly un-jaundiced human rights advocate, have finally come to see my country for what it really is. A monstrous fraud.

But what can I do but write about how I feel. How millions, black like me, must feel at this, the lowest moment in my country’s story.


Cannibalism? After only four days? Either these people have the world's lowest hunger threshold, or this nutcase is making the whole thing up. Since he has refused to provide any sort of source for his "report", I'm going to assume he's picked up some stupid rumor, and because of his own racist attitudes toward America, was all too ready to believe and repeat it. What a fool.

And just tonight, during a fundraiser on NBC for the victims of the hurricane, this happened (h/t Newsbusters):

On NBC, Kanye West Said...WHAT? "George Bush Doesn't Care About Black People"Posted by Tim Graham on September 2, 2005 - 20:52.

Jaws dropped across America in the middle of NBC's Concert for Hurricane Relief, hosted by Matt Lauer. In between musical numbers, stars would report on the damage and call for help. Comedian Michael Myers made a serious pitch. Then rapper Kanye West started rambling, clearly improvising, saying that black families are called looters, while white families are described as just looking for food. That must have put the NBC folks on the button, but West shortly after blurted out: "George Bush doesn't care about black people."

A clearly uncomfortable Mike Myers bit his lip, and the director quickly switched the camera to black actor Chris Tucker, who looked surprised to be thrown on camera. Minutes later, Lauer tried to glide past the outrage by saying the criticism on the broadcast is "a part of American life." Yeah, the insane part.

There aren't enough mental wards in the country to hold all these idiots. Look for more of this nonsense in the coming days.

No comments: