HolyCoast: Another Carter?
Follow RickMoore on Twitter

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Another Carter?

Another Carter wants to hold public office:
Jack Carter, the son of former President Carter, said Tuesday he plans to run against John Ensign for the U.S. Senate next year.

Carter, 58, and his wife, Elizabeth, have lived in Las Vegas since 2003, operating the investment consulting firm Carter Global.

"I'm very seriously exploring it," Carter said in an interview Tuesday. "I had not planned to run for office. I have no infrastructure and this is new to me."

Carter said he decided to run in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. He said he was offended by the federal government's response to the disaster.

"I'm more concerned than ever with the way that the country is headed," Carter said.
Thankfully he's thinking of running in a red state with a popular GOP incumbent. This is one case where name recognition is not going to be a good thing.

No comments: