HolyCoast: The Anti-Miers Forces Are Becoming More Organized
Follow RickMoore on Twitter

Monday, October 24, 2005

The Anti-Miers Forces Are Becoming More Organized

I've stated previously my opposition to the Miers nomination, and I'm clearly not alone. Today WithdrawMiers.org was created (not by me) which documents the concerns of many conservatives (and probably many others), and if you're looking for commentary and information on the nomination, it's a good source, though clearly coming at the issue from one side.

For a different view, you can read Hugh Hewitt's long treatise on the pro-Miers arguments, written during a long flight home from Italy and probably fueled by too much heavy Italian food. Hugh has pretty much taken a George W. Bush Über Alles approach to this nomination, and that's where he and I differ. I'm also a big fan of the president, but I don't think his every act is perfect, and nor do I think the GOP can't survive an argument like this. I'm not sure all the sniping between Hugh and the folks at The Corner is advancing anyone's cause either.

There's only been one man in the history of the planet who demanded - and deserved - unconditional devotion... and they hung him on a cross. A little arguing among Republicans is small potatoes.

I think both sides are digging in, and I'm beginning to doubt that parties on either side can be persuaded one way or the other...at least until the hearings (if the nomination isn't withdrawn prior). If we get as far as hearings, it's going to take an Oscar-winning performance to swing the folks who have already come out against her, and nothing short of a complete meltdown to swing the pro side. Either way, somebody's not going to be happy.

I'm still going with my October 6th prediction.


; ;

I oppose the Miers nomination.

No comments: