HolyCoast: GOP Should React With Humor, Not Anger
Follow RickMoore on Twitter

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

GOP Should React With Humor, Not Anger

As I reflect on yesterday's Senate stunt by the Dems, it seems to me that the GOP reaction could have been much more effective. Sen. Frist came out with his hair on fire and was talking about how he was "slapped in the face" and such, and I think all that did was give the Dems a feeling of accomplishment.

What if the reaction had been different? If Frist had come out laughing and shaking his head, and then said something along the lines of "I'm a doctor, and it looks to me like the distinguished Senator from Nevada is off his meds", he might have taken all the air out of the Dem stunt and made them look silly.

Humor is usually much more effective than anger in making your opponent look bad. The GOP should think about that before running to the microphones after the next Dem stunt.

No comments: