HolyCoast: Cheney Shoots Fellow Hunter
Follow RickMoore on Twitter

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Cheney Shoots Fellow Hunter

I'm guessing he mistook the guy for a journalist or a Dem Senator:
Vice President Dick Cheney accidentally shot and injured a man during a weekend quail hunting trip in Texas, his spokeswoman said Sunday.

Harry Whittington, 78, was "alert and doing fine" after Cheney sprayed him with shotgun pellets on Saturday while the two were hunting at the Armstrong Ranch in south Texas, said property owner Katharine Armstrong.

Armstrong said Whittington was mostly injured on his right side, with the pellets hitting his cheek, neck and chest, and was taken to the hospital by ambulance.

If nothing else, it was good practice for the upcoming midterm elections.

UPDATE: The anti-gun nuts provide a completely classless response to the incident:
WASHINGTON, Feb. 12 /U.S. Newswire/ -- James and Sarah Brady made comments today related to Vice President Cheney's reportedly accidental shooting yesterday in Texas.

"Now I understand why Dick Cheney keeps asking me to go hunting with him," said Jim Brady. "I had a friend once who accidentally shot pellets into his dog - and I thought he was an idiot."

"I've thought Cheney was scary for a long time," Sarah Brady said. "Now I know I was right to be nervous."
On the lighter side, the jokes are starting to come in:
And, Three of the Top Ten Things He Said Afterwards:

• "I thought it was Pat Leahy."

• "Let's have no more talk about independent counsels."

• "Pull!...Oh, that was the last lawyer?"
And from Rick Brookhiser:
I earnestly hope that the man Cheney shot was not the prophet Mohammed.

No comments: