HolyCoast: David Gregory Apologizes for Boorish Behavior
Follow RickMoore on Twitter

Monday, February 20, 2006

David Gregory Apologizes for Boorish Behavior

NBC White House correspondent David Gregory fell on his sword a bit during an interview with Tim Russert on "Meet the Press":

NBC White House correspondent David Gregory ate a little crow Sunday on this "Meet The Press," apologizing for his arrogant behavior during White House press briefings dealing with the shooting of a hunting companion by Vice President Cheney.

Reacting to the storm of criticism leveled by the public at the Washington press corps for complaining that they were not told immediately about the incident, leaving the job of reporting it to a small-town Texas newspaper, Gregory apologized for his boorish behavior.

"I think I made a mistake,” he told host Tim Russert. "I think it was inappropriate for me to lose my cool with the press secretary representing the vice president. I don’t think it was professional of me. I was frustrated, I said what I said, but I think that you should never speak that way, as my wife reminded me, number one. And number two, I think it created a diversion from some of the serious questions in the story, so I regret that. I was wrong, and I apologize.”

He and NBC were obviously getting a lot of criticism about his childish antics earlier in the week and decided to try and minimize the damage. I expect him to return to form at the first opportunity.

No comments: