HolyCoast: And These Ringtones Are Okay?
Follow RickMoore on Twitter

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

And These Ringtones Are Okay?

Last week I posted about the dilemma faced by Cingular when one of its downloadable ringtones was deemed "politically incorrect". Well, here's something to add to the discussion.

I'm a Cingular customer, and this past weekend I upgraded all my family's phones to take advantage of some of their services that we couldn't use with our old stuff. They don't give you any decent ringtones with the phones because they want you to buy theirs for $2.49 apiece. I went online today to pick up some new tones for my new RAZR, and when you open the Cingular Media Mall, the featured artist is one Busta Rhymes. A dashing fellow, at that.
Mr. Rhymes has several of his songs featured, including such hits as:
  • Touch It
  • Call the Ambulance
  • I Love My B****
  • New York Sh**
  • Break Ya Neck
And these are not only considered acceptable, but are featured. This one seems tame compared to the list above. It's an interesting world we live in.

No comments: