HolyCoast: Gas Prices Headed Down
Follow RickMoore on Twitter

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Gas Prices Headed Down

Here's something you probably haven't heard yet if you get most of your news from the mainstream media. Gas prices are headed down, maybe quite a lot, and just in time for the November elections:
Gasoline prices are falling fast and could keep dropping for months.
"The only place they have to go is down," says Fred Rozell, gasoline analyst at the Oil Price Information Service (OPIS). "We'll be closer to $2 than $3 come Thanksgiving."

Travel organization AAA foresees prices 10 cents a gallon lower by the end of next week. It reported a nationwide average of $2.84 Tuesday, the lowest since April 20.

I sense the evil hand of Karl Rove in all of this.

Today I saw my first sub-$3 a gallon prices at some stations in Escondido, CA. It's a welcome sight.

We have an interesting little drama going on at a corner near my house. On one side there's a Mobil station that I used to use all the time. The price for regular unleaded there is still $3.49 and has been for months. Across the street is an AM/PM with regular unleaded for $3.03. Everytime I drive by and see someone filling up at the Mobil station I just want to stop and tell them what idiots they are.

No comments: