HolyCoast: Fun With Blogging
Follow RickMoore on Twitter

Friday, January 19, 2007

Fun With Blogging

During the past three days I've had over 5,000 visitors to this blog, the majority of which were trying to find the gruesome crash photos referred to in this post. I didn't post the photos or even link to them, but there's a bunch of sickos out there who are desperate to see them and they're hitting my site by the thousands looking for them

Well, I thought I'd do my part to add some shame to their lives for wanting to view that kind of stuff so I created a couple of special posts. At the bottom of the post referenced above, I put this:
UPDATE: Thousands of you are looking for the crash photos. Click here.
When they clicked on the link they were directed to a page which said this:

If you clicked over here because you thought you were going to see grisly crash photos, you're sick and need professional help.

If you still want to see the photos, click here.

Figuring if I could get them once, I could probably get them twice, so I put that link at the bottom of the post. If they were dumb enough to click on that, they got this:

Boy, you're not very bright, are you. Gotcha again.

Okay, here are the photos.

If they click on the link in the second post, it just returns them to the second post again. I thought it would be entertaining to see how many times these idiots would keep clicking on the links.

Sure enough, I got my first contestant within 30 seconds of publishing the other two posts, and he/she went through both screens. Since then there have been many, many others. I'm enjoying the show.