HolyCoast: 1,000 Mile Marathon
Follow RickMoore on Twitter

Friday, November 16, 2007

1,000 Mile Marathon

We're thrilled that our college girl will be coming home for the Thanksgiving holidays. The original plan was for her to come home after classes on Tuesday, but she decided that she's ready to come now and won't really miss anything on Monday or Tuesday. She called today and wanted to know if I could come get her tomorrow.

Since she doesn't drive, I've got to go get her and that means 475 miles each way. Since I've made this trip four times since August (including last weekend), I'm getting pretty good at it, though I've never done a round trip on one day. I'll be heading out by 4am or so Saturday morning and should be at her school by 11. We'll turn and burn and head back the other way, hopefully in time to stop at the WBA Marching Band preliminary competition in Monterey Park. Her old high school band performs at 8pm and she wants to reconnect with them. I figure if I'm lucky I'll get home by midnight.

I'm either the best Dad in the world or a complete idiot. I'm sure there are votes for each among my readers.

By the way, I'll have to do this trip again on the Sunday after Thanksgiving in order to get her back to school.

No comments: