HolyCoast: Tejano Singer Emilio Navaira May Not Survive Tour Bus Crash
Follow RickMoore on Twitter

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Tejano Singer Emilio Navaira May Not Survive Tour Bus Crash

I was not familiar with Emilio Navaira until I read the story of his tour bus crash, and after seeing the photos of the bus, I couldn't help but flinch a little bit. It's not just the tremendous destruction to the front of the bus and the devastating injuries that resulted, but his bus looked just like the one I sold in 2005. It's not the same rig, but anyone who has traveled in tour buses as I have has had a heart-stopping moment or two fearing a similar collision.

Here are some photos of the wrecked bus:

Here's the bus I owned and traveled in for nine years:

I think you can see why those crash photos got my attention. My best wishes go to Mr. Navaira, who may not survive, and his crew and all of those who travel the long miles in tour buses going from gig to gig.

No comments: