HolyCoast: More Clinton "Whack-a-Obama" Fallout
Follow RickMoore on Twitter

Sunday, May 25, 2008

More Clinton "Whack-a-Obama" Fallout

Lots of headlines today about the fallout from Hillary Clinton's "I'm Staying In Because Obama Might Get Whacked" statement. Here are some headlines:

UPDATE: Clinton apologizes for RFK assassination remark...

Very Bad Day...

PAPER: KENNEDYS OUTRAGED...

Sharpton urges Hillary: Watch what you say...

How Clinton's Comments Didn't -- Then Did -- Catch Fire...

Carter sees superdelegates prompting Clinton to quit...

Obama Says Focus on Florida Her 'Last Slender Hope'...

Clinton Apologizes After Invoking RFK Assassination


If this doesn't go away very quickly I can't see how her campaign can go to the convention, or how she'll have any hope of a VP nod.

UPDATE: I didn't see this one:

Hillary: Why I continue to run

And today, I would like to more fully answer the question I was asked: Why do I continue to run, even in the face of calls from pundits and politicians for me to leave this race?

I am running because I still believe I can win on the merits. Because, with our economy in crisis, our nation at war, the stakes have never been higher - and the need for real leadership has never been greater - and I believe I can provide that leadership.

I am not unaware of the challenges or the odds of my securing the nomination - but this race remains extraordinarily close, and hundreds of thousands of people in upcoming primaries are still waiting to vote. As I have said so many times over the course of this primary, if Sen. Obama wins the nomination, I will support him and work my heart out for him against John McCain. But that has not happened yet.
I am running because I believe staying in this race will help unite the
Democratic Party. I believe that if Sen. Obama and I both make our case - and all Democrats have the chance to make their voices heard - in the end, everyone will be more likely to rally around the nominee.

This was written as a response to the assassination statement, but at this point, I don't see how she can salvage the campaign after the damage it caused.

No comments: