HolyCoast: 18 Months as Governor Not Enough Experience For VP, but 143 Days in the Senate is Good Enough for President
Follow RickMoore on Twitter

Monday, August 04, 2008

18 Months as Governor Not Enough Experience For VP, but 143 Days in the Senate is Good Enough for President

Obama keeps sending out surrogates who aren't helping him much. First you had John Kerry stating that he was in "awe" of McCain's experience, and now Colorado Governor Bill Ritter tells radio host Mike Rosen that his 18 months as governor is not enough experience to be the Vice President, and then stumbles when asked about the Obamessiah's 143 days in the Senate (h/t Michelle):

Rosen: “Why don’t you think you’d be a good choice?”

Ritter: “Well, just because, I think there are a lot of things that he has to take into consideration. I’ve been governor for 18 months. My experience before that was as a district attorney. I loved being a district attorney…but I don’t think that’s what Barack Obama’s looking for in a vice president. I’ve been governor for 18 months. It’s been a great experience. But it’s just 18 months…Obama has to think about experience…levels of experience…”

A caller sticks the knife in:

Caller Richard from Windsor: “Governor, you said 18 months’ experience wasn’t enough experience as governor to be the vice president. Would you want to contrast that with the 143 days’ experience Obama as senator before he decided he had enough experience to be president.”

Ritter: All I can tell ya is I am a fan of Barack Obama’s. Met him in 2004 during his campaign for Senate…You meet him and discover there’s something very different about him. That’s all I’ll say.

Thanks, Governor. It's a good thing the convention is in Denver or you might not be going.

No comments: