HolyCoast: Obama: "My Muslim Faith"
Follow RickMoore on Twitter

Sunday, September 07, 2008

Obama: "My Muslim Faith"

This is kind of funny, though I'm sure it's nothing more than another in a long line of verbal gaffes. During an interview with George Stephanopolis on ABC Barack Obama referred to "my Muslim faith" before the former Clinton aide quickly saved him:
"Let's not play games," he said. "What I was suggesting -- you're absolutely right that John McCain has not talked about my Muslim faith. And you're absolutely right that that has not come."

Mr. Stephanopoulos interrupted with, "Christian faith."

"My Christian faith," Mr. Obama said quickly. "Well, what I'm saying is that he hasn't suggested that I'm a Muslim. And I think that his campaign's upper echelons have not, either. What I think is fair to say is that, coming out of the Republican camp, there have been efforts to suggest that perhaps I'm not who I say I am when it comes to my faith -- something which I find deeply offensive, and that has been going on for a pretty long time."

Asked to comment on the accidental misstatement illustrating the difficulty of the issue, Obama spokesman Bill Burton offered this comment: "I'm not surprised that the only outlet doing this story is The Washington Times."

Mr. Burton might have regretted that last statement now that the story is linked on Drudge.

The only reason this is worth mentioning is that if McCain or Palin had made a similar gaffe, McCain would have been denounced by the lefty sites as senile and Palin would have been called an inexperience ditz. With Obama it's just an innocent error.

After all, it's tiring work being the Obamessiah.

No comments: