HolyCoast: Top Ten Funniest Political Quotes of 2008
Follow RickMoore on Twitter

Monday, December 01, 2008

Top Ten Funniest Political Quotes of 2008

According to the Washington Examiner, here are the top 10 funniest political quotes of 2008:
10. Mike Huckabee, on what squirrel tastes like:

“It tastes like squirrel.”

9. John Edwards on cheating on Elizabeth Edwards:

“Can I explain to you what happened? First of all it happened during a period after she was in remission from cancer.”

8. Nancy Pelosi:

“I have always loved longitude. I love latitude; it’s in the stars. But longitude, it’s about time ... Time and clocks and all the rest of that have always been a fascination for me.”

7. President Bush, meeting with President Arroyo of the Philippines:

“I reminded the President that I am reminded of the great talent of the — of our Philippine-Americans when I eat dinner at the White House.”

6. Barack Obama:

“Can you imagine if you had your Social Security invested in the stock market these last two weeks? These last two months? You wouldn’t need Social Security. You’d be having a – you know like, what was it. ‘Sanford and Son,’ ‘I’m coming Weezie.’ It ain’t right.”

5. A tie …

Joe Biden, at an Ocala, FL, ice cream shop:

“Look at this! Man, this is a dangerous place. Holy mackerel! I’m an ice cream guy. Is ice cream down that way? Could I get a sugar cone and chocolate chip? … I’m getting plain old chocolate chip. That’s plenty, God love ya.”

And Joe Biden, hearing testimony from Gen. David Petraeus:

PETRAEUS: Senator, the vice president was in Iraq just a couple weeks after that, and he also had a very warm reception.
BIDEN: Did he get kissed? Get a kiss?
PETRAEUS: I believe he did get kissed when he was there.
BIDEN: I just want to know whether he got kissed, that’s all.

4. John McCain:

“We should be able to deliver bottled hot water to dehydrated babies.”

3. Sarah Palin, being interviewed by Katie Couric:

COURIC: And when it comes to establishing your worldview, I was curious, what newspapers and magazines did you regularly read before you were tapped for this to stay informed and to understand the world?
PALIN: I’ve read most of them, again with a great appreciation for the press, for the media.
COURIC: What, specifically?
PALIN: Um, all of them, any of them that have been in front of me all these years.

2. Chris Matthews:

“It’s part of reporting this case, this election, the feeling most people get when they hear Barack Obama’s speech. My, I felt this thrill going up my leg. I mean, I don’t have that too often.”

1. Bill Clinton:

“The country is groaning and moaning and screaming for change.”
I'm surprised that there wasn't anything from Obama on the subject of hope and change.

No comments: