HolyCoast: Building Disneyland
Follow RickMoore on Twitter

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Building Disneyland

UPDATE - Thanks, Glenn! I've been flying all day and didn't realize I was in the midst of an Instalanche. Welcome all you Instapundit folks - please come again.

While I'm traveling tomorrow here's a good way to spend 40+ minutes - watching rare time-lapse photos of the building of Disneyland. This collection was recently discovered and hasn't been seen before. Click play you're off on an adventure (from the Disney blog):

5 comments:

boblog said...

Amazing videos. Thanks for sharing!

tyree said...

I live one mile from Disneyland's main gate. Thanks for sharing the video.

Jim Lane said...

Truly amazing footage; I add my thanks to the others'.

In 1970 I interviewed Marcel Delgado, the colleague of Willis O'Brien who built the stop-motion models for The Lost World, King Kong and Mighty Joe Young. He showed me his scrapbooks, and lo and behold, there were some shots of Mr. Delgado with some of the hippos in your fourth clip. I pointed, amazed. "Is this...Disneyland? Did you work on Disneyland?" He smiled. "Yes, just a little; not enough to do any harm."

Khevin Barnes said...

Wonderful stuff! My eternal thanks for this voyage in DisneyLand's remarkable past.

The Fifth String said...

Too cool. Thanks so much for posting these.