HolyCoast: Harry Potter 6 - A Review
Follow RickMoore on Twitter

Friday, July 17, 2009

Harry Potter 6 - A Review

We went to see the sixth installment of the Harry Potter series this afternoon. It's not my favorite of the series (I think that will always be the first movie) but I enjoyed this one. Half-Blood Prince is much more character driven than the previous movies. A little less hocus-pocus and a little more teen angst. There's a lot of relationship stuff in this film.

If you've read the book you're probably able to keep up with what's going on, but as a stand-alone movie, a non-Potterphile would probably have a difficult time trying to figure out what's going on and who the various characters are.

The movie doesn't move quite as quickly as some of the past efforts, but the pacing didn't have me looking at my watch. This book was really a set-up for the final book, so I imagine it was rather difficult to condense 652 pages down to a 155 minute movie.

If you're a fan of the series I don't think you'll be disappointed. If you haven't read the books, you'll have a frustrating evening.

No comments: