HolyCoast: Homeland Security Quote of the Day
Follow RickMoore on Twitter

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Homeland Security Quote of the Day

From Dan Riehl:
Maybe they should let passengers start screening flights and vote on who is going along??
I like that idea. I guarantee you that no matter how politically incorrect it may be to "profile" people, that's what airline passengers do every day and they'd probably be more attuned to who should or shouldn't be on the plane than most of the airport rent-a-cops.

Rather than searching old ladies in wheelchairs let's start going after the people that fit the terrorist profile.

2 comments:

Dr. B. said...

How correct you are!!! As a woman in my late 60s -- with an artificial hip, on a flight from Atlanta to Philadelphia my shoes were taken from me, my purse and cane were taken from me, my coat was taken from me, my entire body was physically 'patted' down, someone looked up my pant leg and sleeves of my top, scanned and rescanned before being permitted to get on the flight.
Another woman and man -- probably in their late 80s in wheel chairs and with oxygen being pumped into them were also searched and researched. Meanwhile, the rest of the passengers on our flight had NO problem getting to the boarding area.
What a waste of time for the TSA!!!

Anonymous said...

Yes, I strongly agree with profiling, whether by those boarding on flight or by those paid to check out the persons boarding. From past experience it appears as though about 90% or more are easily recognizable.