HolyCoast: Obama Gets Notice for Jury Duty
Follow RickMoore on Twitter

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Obama Gets Notice for Jury Duty

I guess he won't be there:
President Barack Obama will be skipping jury duty after being summoned in Illinois.

A White House official said Sunday that the president has alerted the court he won't be able to make it.

Obama was summoned for jury duty at the Bridgeview courthouse in suburban Chicago starting Monday. The summons had arrived at the Obama home on Chicago's South Side.

I'll bet the local defense attorneys are really upset that he won't be serving. He'd be a dream juror for just about any criminal defendant.

2 comments:

Mark Daniels said...

I remember that W was summoned also and indicated that he would serve if actually seated. But nothing came of it. I guess being commander in chief is a legitimate excuse.

Have a good week. God bless!

Mark

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed looking over your blog
God bless you