HolyCoast: Earth Day Conformity A Requirement for Cartoonists
Follow RickMoore on Twitter

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Earth Day Conformity A Requirement for Cartoonists

Stephan Pastis is the cartoonist who draws "Pearls Before Swine", a very funny daily strip.  Today many cartoonists made references to Earth Day but Pastis did not, and according to his blog he's hearing about it:
Help Me Lie to Tree-Huggers

I guess today is Earth Day. Didn’t know that.

As it turns out, a fair number of cartoonists did know that and incorporated it into their comic, like here and here and here.

Not me. This is my strip (click to see it):

So now I’m getting emails asking me why MY strip makes no reference to Earth Day. Like I’m some guy pouring oil on seagulls and chopping down redwoods so they fall squarely on baby seals.

So please, help out and give me an explanation for how today’s strip is actually promoting Earth Day, so I can cut-and-paste it into my reply to these emails. And please, make it plausible, so I can fool these annoying people.

Thank you.

And yay, earth.
Feel free to go to his site and offer some suggestions. Today's strip is pretty funny, but I don't think making an Earth Day connection is going to be easy.

No comments: