HolyCoast: Thank You Gov. Moonbeam and All The Democrats in the CA Legislature
Follow RickMoore on Twitter

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Thank You Gov. Moonbeam and All The Democrats in the CA Legislature

I was just notified by Amazon that my Associates contract with them will be cancelled the day the new Internet tax law goes into effect.  If you're a California resident you will not be able to purchase anything from Amazon, nor will you be able to act as their agent through the Associates program.

Thanks, Democrats.

I've been predicting this ever since the bill was first proposed.  All that money the Dems were counting on from Internet sales will not happen. People will find other ways to get what they want.

I may be talking to some out-of-state relatives if I have a big Internet purchase coming up.

Sent via HolyCoast.com mobile.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Your wording is ambiguous...CA residents can still buy from Amazon, but not through the Associates program.

CA will never learn. When Deep Discount started charging sales tax earlier this year, due to a merger which actually gave them a state presence (unlike Amazon!), I had my dad in NC place an order during their last big sale. He had the plus of watching all the movies before sending them on to me. :) We regularly trade flat rate boxes of movies anyway so for us the expense of him shipping them wasn't an issue.

There's no sense me giving more tax money to CA so Jerry Brown can fritter it away on massive vacations for the prison guards union and the like. But then Brown and his ilk, with their "static analysis" and lack of understanding of economics, just don't understand that in order for the economy to recover it's going to take more money in taxpayers' pockets, not less.

Best wishes,
Laura