HolyCoast: Power Could Be Out in SDG&E Area Through Most of Friday
Follow RickMoore on Twitter

Thursday, September 08, 2011

Power Could Be Out in SDG&E Area Through Most of Friday

And it's really hot out there:
A major power outage has spread across San Diego County after a transmission line running from Arizona to California failed Thursday and power could remain out through most of Friday.
The outage starts just a short distance south of where I am. I'm on So Cal Edison and we've got no problems, but just down the street (literally) from me they're on SDG&E and they're in the dark...and heat.

Problem is, I took my wife to work this morning in San Juan Capistrano which I believe is right in the middle of the mess and I've got to go pick her up. This ought to be fun.

It's gonna be a long hot night for a great many people if they can't get this going again.

No comments: