HolyCoast: Feel Good Video of the Day
Follow RickMoore on Twitter

Saturday, October 01, 2011

Feel Good Video of the Day

Twenty-nine year old Sloan Churman was born nearly completely deaf, but thanks to the new Esteem hearing implants got to hear herself for the first time.  It was an overwhelming experience:

I've heard the Esteem system from Envoy Medical advertised on the Rush Limbaugh show. This is different than the cochlear implant that Rush has, but obviously just as effective.

I was impressed with how well she could speak in this video and she has an explanation:
In response to how well she speaks having never heard her own voice, she said she'd gotten by in life by reading lips. “My whole life I've been complimented on how well I speak,” she wrote. “I don't really have an answer for you other than I have always had a passion for reading, grammar, and English. My hearing loss was/is considered severe to profound. I've worked very hard to be able to interact and blend in…only thing I can say is ‘God is good.'”
Great story and I wish her the best.

By the way, for all those dummies at #OccupyWallStreet , it was a corporation that created the technology that made this happen, not some drugged out hippie drum circle.

No comments: