HolyCoast: Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee Keeping the Stupid Alive
Follow RickMoore on Twitter

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee Keeping the Stupid Alive

She is easily the dumbest member of congress, but thanks to the Voting Rights Act, her majority black district in Houston will keep sending her back to D.C. for even more stupid:
Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (D-Texas) said Tuesday that President Obama "absolutely" should use his executive power to continue the unemployment benefits and payroll tax cut extension and said she hoped to discuss the option with the White House later in the day.

"It is extraordinary, don't get me wrong. But I'm feeling the pain of the constituents I left [at] home," Jackson Lee said, speaking on the progressive Ed Schultz's radio show. "I consider this a crisis. I consider leaving Americans without unemployment insurance for January and February a crime. I consider not extending the payroll tax cut ... a crime."
If the president has the power to unilaterally set tax policy, then we no longer need Congress.

Actually, that might be a good thing...with a different president.

No comments: