HolyCoast: Robert Reichhhhhhhhhhh-uh: Dem Ticket Will Be Obama-Clinton
Follow RickMoore on Twitter

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Robert Reichhhhhhhhhhh-uh: Dem Ticket Will Be Obama-Clinton

Hmm:
My political prediction for 2012 (based on absolutely no inside information): Hillary Clinton and Joe Biden swap places. Biden becomes Secretary of State — a position he’s apparently coveted for years. And Hillary Clinton, Vice President.

So the Democratic ticket for 2012 is Obama-Clinton.

Why do I say this? Because Obama needs to stir the passions and enthusiasms of a Democratic base that’s been disillusioned with his cave-ins to regressive Republicans. Hillary Clinton on the ticket can do that.
Back in January 2010 I predicted that Biden would be moved to Secretary of State to make way for a younger and more popular VP candidate who would be a viable presidential candidate in 2016. I figured Clinton would give Obama a primary challenge, but that seems very unlikely now.

Would Clinton really rev up the base...as VP? I don't think so. Her big supporters want her at the top of the ticket, not as runner-up again. Plus, how viable is she for 2016? She'll be pretty old then and the years haven't exactly been kind to her.

I can still see Biden being moved out, but I don't think it will be Clinton that replaces him.

No comments: