HolyCoast: Newt to Nancy: Put Up Or Shut Up
Follow RickMoore on Twitter

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Newt to Nancy: Put Up Or Shut Up

Be careful what you wish for, Newt:
Former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich responded to House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, California Democrat, who said on Wednesday night on CNN's John King that Mr. Gingrich would never become President of the United States.

"There is something I know. The Republicans, if they choose to nominate him that's their prerogative," said Congresswoman Pelosi. "I don't even think that's going to happen."

Mr. Gingrich appeared on The Washington Times affiliated radio program "America's Morning News" and forcefully responded to Rep. Pelosi.

"There's almost a level of hysteria about the prospect of somebody who really wants to change Washington," said Mr. Gingrich to host John McCaslin.

"I have a simple challenge for Speaker Pelosi...you know, put up or shut up. I mean, I have no idea what she's talking about. I don't think she has any idea what she's talking about, but bring it on," he said.

"My life has been looked at by lots of people and I've been around a long time. And I just think that when you are a left-wing Democrat, the prospect of a Gingrich presidency is really sort of like a nightmare," Mr. Gingrich added.
To some Republicans the prospect of a Gingrich presidency is sort of a nightmare.

I don't think Pelosi has anything of any substance because if she did she wouldn't telegraph her hand this way. She'd hold it until it was the most useful in October and then spring it when Gingrich has little time to respond.

I think she's worried what Gingrich would do to Obama in a campaign and is trying not so subtly to scare people away from Gingrich so Obama can run against Romney. That would seem to be consistent with what other prominent Democrats have said and done during the GOP campaign.

1 comment:

Nightingale said...

And yet Hugh Hewitt is saying the Democrats are afraid of Romney.

I don't know what to believe.