HolyCoast: Today's Conservative Dating Advice
Follow RickMoore on Twitter

Thursday, February 09, 2012

Today's Conservative Dating Advice

As CPAC kicks off in Washington D.C. this morning I noticed that someone is putting on a "Conservative Dating Seminar" for the largely college-age group.  Reporter Dave Wiegel offered his own dating advice:
@daveweigel: Also, I have a shorter conservative dating seminar. "Go to church." Done.
Exactly right. There's a lot of truth in that.

I'm no expert on dating, but as a guy who is rapidly approaching his 25th wedding anniversary I'd like to think I know something about finding the right mate. I met my wife in church, and I know many, many others who did the same thing. If you want to find someone who has similar values to yours and who is more likely to be compatible, are you more likely to find that person at some mixer in a bar or in a Bible study in your church?

If you're single and looking, try it.

1 comment:

Nightingale said...

True if you're a guy. For every single guy who walks into a church, there are at least 3 available women waiting for him.

Sadly, the last mega-church I went to, many of the singles were engaging in premarital sex, with very few of these relationships ending in marriage; and no one in the leadership seemed to care.