HolyCoast: Jimmy Carter Covers His Bets
Follow RickMoore on Twitter

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Jimmy Carter Covers His Bets

Carter wants to be a winner regardless of how the election comes out, so he's basically endorsing both candidates:
Jimmy Carter and the Kiss of Death -- Besides Charlie Manson, there are few worse endorsements for Republicans to get than Jimmy Carter. TheDC's Will Rahn reports:

"Jimmy Carter says he would be 'comfortable' with a Mitt Romney presidency, although he still expects President Barack Obama to win re-election in the fall. 'I’d rather have a Democrat but I would be comfortable,' the former president told MSNBC in a segment aired Wednesday. 'I think Romney has shown in the past, in his previous years as a moderate or progressive… that he was fairly competent as a governor and also running the Olympics as you know.'"
Frankly, I'm comfortable with a Romney win too, especially since it means Obama loses. The fact that Carter is okay with him isn't going to affect my thinking at all, but I've already seen some conservatives on Facebook having conniptions over this. Calm down, people. Carter just wants to be seen as relevant.

No comments: