HolyCoast: The #Occupy Crowd is Disenchanted With The One
Follow RickMoore on Twitter

Wednesday, May 02, 2012

The #Occupy Crowd is Disenchanted With The One

I think this is instructive:
Numerous protesters at yesterday’s Occupy Wall Street rally in New York City viciously blasted President Obama as a horrible failure, signaling a major break from a liberal base that once celebrated Obama’s lofty rhetoric of hope and change.

“I feel that Obama, especially on the civil liberties perspective, has raped me in the a–,” admitted a shirtless man who donned a purple flower in his hair. “I’m not very happy with his job in the slightest.”

The disillusioned demonstrator, who identified himself as a financial analyst, went on to scold Obama for capitulating to Wall Street bankers and global monetary interests.

“The guy freaks me out a little bit,” the man said. “I’m not going to lie. He’s pretty, and we all think we did something because of his color, and I don’t discount that, but for f—k’s sake, he scares the hell out of me.”

The growing dissatisfaction among the president’s most liberal supporters could make November’s election more competitive, as former Obama diehards stay home instead of casting a ballot in his favor.

Other Occupy protesters—who spent the majority of Tuesday cluttering city streets in a series of disorganized mass demonstrations celebrating May Day—accused the president of behaving like a “Nazi,” a charge that could be found particularly offensive in light of accusations that a cohort of Occupy sympathizers are anti-Semitic.

“I voted for Obama, and it was a big mistake,” said one protestor who lofted a sign equating Obama with a swastika symbol. “I’m very angry about it. Obama is murdering thousands of people throughout the world with his drone strikes.”

The occupier accused Obama of having the same foreign policy priorities as his predecessor, George W. Bush.

“The foreign policy between Bush and Obama is the same. He hasn’t changed,” he said. “[Obama] did talk like a Nazi in the campaign, but you gotta vote for a black president, which I did, but I will never again vote for a Democrat, not even for dog catcher.”
Note the highlighted racial remarks about people who voted for him because of his color. Well, the novelty is over and now you're stuck with an incompetent president. Well done, OWS voters.

This is good news for the rest of us because I think it means most voters will not feel the racial pressure to support Obama in 2012 that they felt in 2008. They might actually vote (or stay home) based on the job they think the candidate has done (or will do) instead of just choosing a candidate based on the melanin content in their skin.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is a laugh, innit? The Cloo Phone is ringing, and you'd better pick it up. I was at the demonstration in Union Square, and I know which person was interviewed. I've never seen him at previous OWS events. As far as OWS goes-the vast majority of actual participants(not people who just show up) are not aligned with a political party. Speaking for those people I know, most of us didn't vote for Obama in the first place; and speaking for myself, I probably dislike 'liberals' more than most conservatives.