HolyCoast: I'm Not Alone
Follow RickMoore on Twitter

Monday, October 18, 2004

I'm Not Alone

Apparently my views (see Why Bush? below) regarding Kerry's ever changing shifts in policies is shared by a prominent swing state Democrat (hat tip Opinion Journal):
"I'm the Democratic mayor of Youngstown, a city that traditionally gives 60 to 75 percent of its vote to the Democratic presidential candidate. Growing up with the legacies of FDR, Harry Truman, and JFK formed my core Democratic values. They had the courage of their convictions, their word was their bond, and the entire world knew it... Senator Kerry reminds me of the politician who when asked his position on the war in Iraq stands tall and responds loudly: 'One-half of my friends support the war in Iraq and one-half of my friends oppose the war in Iraq. And I'm not afraid to say that I support my friends'" -- Mayor George M. McKelvey, of Youngstown, Ohio, writing in the Boston Globe on why he is endorsing President Bush.


No comments: