HolyCoast: Verdict Watch
Follow RickMoore on Twitter

Thursday, June 09, 2005

Verdict Watch

I obviously missed it in my original prediction of a swift acquittal in the Jackson case. I really don't care much about the trial, but I thought it would be fun to see how many Google hits I got from fans looking for trial info. Quite a few.

The scene outside the courthouse is becoming a genuine three-ring circus. In ring one you have the accredited press - something like 1,400 of them, in ring two the Jackson flunkies, hanger-oners and wanna-be spokesmen like Jesse Jackson, and in ring three the clowns Jackson fans. What a mess those folks are.

The scene when the verdict is read is likely to be really something. If he's acquitted or gets a hung jury (as I still expect), there will be jubilation, tears and much hugging among the faithful. It'll look like the end of a Pentecostal revival meeting.

If found guilty on one of the felony charges, there's no telling what might happen. Jesse Jackson has already asked us all not to riot (I'll try to restrain myself, Jesse), but I wouldn't be surprised if there are some fights or threats from the fans. There will definately be tears and wailing, again not that much different than a Pentecostal revival meeting.

Stay tuned...verdict watch continues....

Update - no verdict on Thursday, but a reporter has filed a restraining order against one of the Jackson fans.

No comments: