HolyCoast: Miers Withdraws
Follow RickMoore on Twitter

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Miers Withdraws

Sometimes I'm good, and sometimes I'm really good. My crystal ball must have been working on Oct. 6 when I predicted the following:

I'm going to go way out on a limb here and give you my prediction on the Miers' nomination right now. Based on what I'm seeing out in both the conservative and liberal media, Miers will not be the next Associate Justice of the Supreme Court. She will either withdraw (voluntarily or be asked to be the president), or will be rejected by the Senate.
This morning Miers took the Krauthammer option and withdrew her nomination, basically blaming the desire of the Senate to see White House documents. It's the easiest way out and the least embarrassing.

I'm glad that Miers and the White House came to the conclusion that this nomination was not going to work, and did so before the hearings. I think they could have been a disaster.

Now, let's get a nominee that conservatives can be proud of, and start fighting the Dems instead of other Republicans.

UPDATE: The Dems are running to the microphones. Sen. Dick Turbin, eh Durbin, just stated on Fox that the withdrawal was "not about documents, but about Dobson", a cheap shot at the GOP Right. I'll bet you hear that talking point all day from the Dems.

Of course, now all the Dems are demanding a "moderate" judge, just what the GOP right doesn't want to see, and that would certainly reignite the war with the White House.


; ; ; Miers Withdraws

No comments: