HolyCoast: Watch for Low Flying Ducks
Follow RickMoore on Twitter

Sunday, January 03, 2010

Watch for Low Flying Ducks

We're home. I had hoped to post an item or two from my cellphone but for some reason Blogger has stopped accepting posts from my phone. I'll have to work on that before I go to Texas next weekend.

The trip north was a bit foggy and we could have renamed I-5 as "Disappointed Duck Drive". We saw dozens of cars with Oregon plates and Oregon Duck logos heading north after their disappointment in the Rose Bowl Game against Ohio State. One thing for sure - those Duck fans like to drive really fast. The CHP could have made their entire monthly quota just picking off low flying Ducks.

We got the girl all moved back in and she actually spent Saturday night with her friends (and not her parents). She's home again.

Today we were able to leave about 2 1/2 hours earlier than we had originally planned, so instead of getting home after 9pm we got a little after 6. Traffic wasn't nearly as bad as I had feared for the end of a holiday weekend. We did get bogged down just a few minutes by a bad accident up near Westley, but otherwise it was pretty smooth sailing.

Regular blogging will resume in the morning.

1 comment:

Sam L. said...

Ducks going north in the winter. Gorbal worming has infected their brains.
Clearly, Bush is to blame for this outrage.