HolyCoast: Steve Poizner Campaign Event Today
Follow RickMoore on Twitter

Saturday, May 08, 2010

Steve Poizner Campaign Event Today

Despite having followed and covered politics for years, I don't think I've ever actually attended a campaign event for a specific candidate.  The closest I've probably ever come is Tea Party rallies.

I'm not making any sort of endorsement, but I'm going to attend the Steve Poizner for Governor event in Laguna Hills this afternoon.  Since it's free and they conveniently put it in The Hills Hotel which is less than a mile from my front door it's hard to pass up.

Poizner, the current Insurance Commissioner, is running against Meg Whitman, an incredibly well financed (with her own money) moderate Republican whose politics reminds me of a female Arnold Schwarzenegger.  That's not good.  I'm interested to hear what Poizner has to say, and I'd like to get a feel for a campaign event like this.  I'll try to have some photos up later.

If you're in South Orange County and want to attend, you can click on the link above for the hotel location.  The event runs from 1 to 2:30 pm.

No comments: