HolyCoast: Day 7 of the Hawaiian Adventure
Follow RickMoore on Twitter

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Day 7 of the Hawaiian Adventure

Hawaii Trip: Intro / Arrival / Day 1 / Day 1 ( pt 2) / Day 2 Early / Day 2 / Day 3 / Day 4 / Day 5 / Day 6 / Day 7 / Wrap-up

Not much news to report today, as this was the most uneventful day of the trip. Once again we were dealing with rain and wind, so outdoor activities were limited. Instead the day was devoted to last minute shopping and a final dinner with the agency gang. We drove down to Lawai and found a jewelry store that I've very glad we didn't find on the first day, or I'd be broke. We then headed back to Koloa and Poipu, making stops along the way.

When we first were talking about this trip last year, there was some thought that we'd be staying at the Grand Hyatt, so we stopped by there to check the place out. It's very nice, but I think we did better at the Marriott. While there I decided to take some photos of the local flora and fauna, and a few scenery shots of the hotel grounds. This little guy was hanging out in the lobby of the Grand Hyatt. I guess his room wasn't ready yet.



When we get home I'm going to look for some of these and see if I can get them to grow in my tropical backyard.

The Hyatt grounds are very nice, and right on the water.
A little more from the lobby.
Dinner tonight was the Marriott's version of a luau, complete with hula girls and music. It was okay, but I'm glad we attended the luau last night.

The Hawaiian adventure comes to an end tomorrow with a 2:10 pm flight back to the mainland, and then back to work on Thursday. I'll do one more wrap-up post after we get home.

No comments: