HolyCoast: Viva Las Vegas
Follow RickMoore on Twitter

Saturday, April 07, 2007

Viva Las Vegas

All posts on this trip: Day 1 / Day 2 / Day 3 / Day 4

For our 20th anniversary and my upcoming birthday, we decided to take the HolyCoast clan for a quick 5 day getaway to Las Vegas. We'll be departing the Southland on Saturday morning and will be spending the next four nights in Sin City.

This trip will be a little different. For one thing, I'm taking the laptop along and will be posting daily updates including some pictures as we go. I haven't done that on Las Vegas trips before. We'll also be staying at two different places.

When I originally planned the trip, we weren't going to leave until Sunday, so I booked three nights at the Flamingo where we stayed last time. It's conveniently located in the middle of the Strip and within easy walking distance of most of our favorite places. This is the God's eye view of the Flamingo.

And the nighttime view, taken on our last trip:

A couple of weeks later I decided to add a fourth night, but the Flamingo wasn't available for Saturday. We decided to try a new hotel, the South Point, which is located about 7 miles south of the Strip right off the freeway as you come into town. The rates are good, and it's located a short distance from the Las Vegas Bass Proshops Outdoor World, which is basically Mecca for my son. That will probably be the favorite part of his trip. It also has a bowling alley, and that's probably where we'll end up Saturday night. None of us have any bowling talent at all, but we have a good time being bad bowlers.

I'll post again later tonight once we're settled in and I make sure my high speed connection works.

No comments: